Lemon Curd Tart
I love Lemon Curd Tarts,
1 cup flour
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbsp butter
1 tbsp lemon zest
1. Mix Pastry Crust ingredients together until crumbly. I like to use my Kitchen Aid for this. Chill dough for 15 minutes.
2. Then press into 8” round tart tin with removable bottom and bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes. My oven bakes cool, so watch to make sure this doesn't overly brown. (Alternatively, you can create 4-5 smaller tarts instead of the one 8" tart.)
3. Cook first 3 Lemon Curd ingredients over very low heat for 15-20 minutes until thick. Stir constantly with a whisk to avoid any lumps.
4. Remove from heat and add butter and zest. Pour over cooled crust.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Serve with fresh whipped cream, and decorate with blueberries (as desired).